New Line Unveiled on the Heels of Global Brand Refresh; Features Backpacks, Travel, and Sports Bags with Sustainable Materials, Cohesive Look, and Functional Stylish Design
SAN DIEGO – Nov. 1, 2018 – OGIO International, Inc., a leading innovator of sports and travel bags, backpacks, and golf bags, announced today the launch of its newest line of products: OGIO ALPHA Convoy Collection. A nine-piece assortment of backpacks, travel, and golf bags, OGIO ALPHA Convoy is designed to be rugged, utilitarian, and bold. The new line follows closely behind the company’s global brand refresh, 30th anniversary, and acquisition by the Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY).
The OGIO ALPHA Convoy Collection is comprised of a 25 liter (L) fully loaded backpack, 25-28L rolltop backpack, two 20L everyday backpacks, three four-wheel travel bags of varying size, and two golf bags. Each piece in the collection is made from Cordura® EcoMade fabric, which is ultra-durable, lightweight, resists fading, and is made from recycled plastic. Each piece also features the OGIO MOD (modular organizational design) Storage System that allows users to customize their storage and style with a Convoy compatible MOD Hard Case or Soft Pouch. The four backpacks include:
- Convoy 525 Backpack is a 25L fully loaded backpack that is rugged, durable, and ready for anything. The pack has ample storage space while remaining organized for on-the-go users. Some features include: dedicated laptop and tablet sleeve, reflective hits, two large water bottle pockets, a back-panel security pocket, internal zippered small accessory pockets, and a padded comfort top handle. The bag comes in black and olive.
- Convoy 525r Backpack is a 25-28L backpack with a modern, multi-configuration rolltop closure for adjustable storage. This pack is unique in that in addition to the rolltop access, it also features a zippered side entrance for access to the main compartment. This bag also includes a dedicated laptop and tablet sleeve, reflective hits, and two large water bottle pockets. The bag comes in black.
- Convoy 320 Backpack is a 20L mid-sized backpack equipped with a dedicated laptop sleeve and thoughtful organization. The ultimate everyday companion also features two large water bottle pockets. The bag comes in black and glow orange.
- Convoy 120 Backpack is the simplest of backpacks in the new line while featuring all the durability required to earn the OGIO ALPHA Convoy name. The smaller packed bag is 20L and includes and internal laptop sleeve and small accessories pocket. The bag comes in black, olive, and glow orange.
In addition to the backpacks, the OGIO ALPHA line includes three travel bags of varying sizes built to last with purposeful functionality. Each bag has four 360-degree Hinomoto spinner wheels, customizable packing options, molded protection skids on the back panel for additional durability, and two large-volume lung-style pockets with buckled closures for compression. The three travel bags include:
- Convoy 522s Travel Bag is a fully equipped and complete travel bag that easily fits into overhead bins as a carry-on. Special features include a three-stage retractable handle and a dedicated internal laptop pocket. The bag comes in black and glow orange.
- Convoy 520s Travel Bag is a slightly smaller version of the Convoy 522s and sized to meet international carry-on standards. The bag comes in black.
- Convoy 526s Travel Bag is the largest travel bag in the new collection and is equipped with optimal organization that allows users to customize packing space. The bag comes in black.
The OGIO ALPHA Convoy line also features two fully loaded golf bags: the 514 Cart bag and the 514 RTC (Range-to-Cart) bag. The RTC is a new category of golf bags that is for the player who wants a fully-loaded cart bag and also wants a stand. This new category of bags is befitting to the Alpha Family.
“Tapping into OGIO heritage is extremely important to our future success. Durability and organization have both been major design pillars since the brand’s inception, and this collection exceeds our expectations. Sustainability and the recycled content used in these products create a new pillar for us, and we will keep building upon that eco premise,” said Jeff Rang, design director at OGIO.
The OGIO ALPHA Convoy Collection is unlike any previous OGIO collection because each product is built with premium and sustainable components and materials, including Cordura® EcoMade fabric. This fabric is made with recycled polyester yarns that are specifically engineered to meet the performance and durability specifications of the Cordura brand. A major benefit of using this material is that it reduces energy consumption and extends the useful life of polyester. The fabric is made by collecting, cleaning and grounding post-consumer plastic water bottles into flakes before melting and spinning them into yarn which is then woven into the fabric.
Backpacks in the OGIO ALPHA Convoy Collection range from $70-$150, the travel bags range from $300-$380 and the golf bags are both priced at $300.
For more information on OGIO, visit www.ogio.com.
Olga Moreno, Crowe PR